Volume 7 Issue 2 - January 15, 2010
Unleashing the Power of Assistive Technology at Techshare India 2010
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Today technology touches almost every aspect of our lives and the power and potential of our digital age is immense. Recent advances in mainstream and specialist assistive technology present us with new and expanded opportunities. Our challenge in today’s dynamic world of education, work and play is quite simply ‘Making the Most of Technology and Bridging the Barriers for Persons with Disabilities’.
Techshare India 2010 will host a range of exhibits featuring the best in cutting-edge developments in assistive technology across India and beyond.
Innovative products for visually impaired people such as screen readers, magnifiers, D.A.I.S.Y. player, software for accessible formats, text-to-braille and techniques for creating tactile diagrams for the blind. In addition, there would be accessible mobile technology products.
Latest technology products for persons with learning disability and mobility impairment such as switches, adaptive keyboards, adaptive mouse, Augmentative & Alternative Communication (A.A.C.) device, word prediction software for dyslexic children.
So you can expect to see a whole range of products, from some of the biggest players in accessible technology. To view the full list of exhibitors, please click http://techshare.barrierbreak.com/exhibitorsfor2010.php
The ‘Experience Zone’ at Techshare India 2010 will offer a unique opportunity to have hands on experience with some of the latest assistive technologies currently available.
As part of the exhibition at Techshare India 2010, exhibitors are being offered the opportunity to present their technology to delegates and general public. These Bite-Size Sessions are 15 minute "quick-fire" presentations for exhibitors to showcase their products and services.
The Exhibition, Experience Zone, and the Bite-Size Sessions at Techshare India 2010 are open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on February 15 and 16.
The Exhibition is a great place for teachers and parents of persons with disabilities, senior citizens, occupational therapists, persons with disabilities, etc. So if you know people who aren't attending the main conference but may be interested in visiting the exhibition, please pass on this news so that they can experience part of Techshare India 2010.
To register for Techshare India 2010, please click http://techshare.barrierbreak.com/confreg.php
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- "D.P.O.s will have to play a central role in lobby and advocacy work for implementation of U.N.C.R.P.D.," Peter Rothe Schultz
- Proposed amendments to Disability Act upsets N.G.O.s
- Private sector backs draft Policy on Electronic Accessibility
- Additional Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development positive on revised access guidelines of N.B.C.
- Unleashing the Power of Assistive Technology at Techshare India 2010
- M.S.J.E. leads by example. Launches central ministry’s first accessible website
- Website on Indian Sign Language launched
- Union Government announces awards for websites having best accessibility features
- Aamir Khan supports Inclusive Education
- Brinda Karat voices out disability sector’s plight in Rajya Sabha
- Series of deaths at Asha Kiran
- 18 individuals to be conferred ‘I.B.N.7 and Bajaj Allianz Super Idols’ award
- Rights group from Manipur demands disability sector’s long pending dues
- Special recruitment drive to fill up backlog
- Web portal on disability writing
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: