Volume 9 Issue 2 - April 01, 2012
Ministry of Civil Aviation constitutes Committee to review C.A.R.
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Following the March 12 meeting on the issue of violation of the rights of passengers with disabilities, Ministry of Civil Aviation (M.O.C.A.) has constituted a Committee on the ‘Rights of Passengers with Disabilities and Reduced Mobility’ under the Chairmanship of G. Asok Kumar, Joint Secretary, M.O.C.A. to look into the problems of persons with disabilities while travelling by air.
Puja Jindal, Director, M.O.C.A., will be the Convenor of the Committee, while R.N. Dhoke, Additional Commissioner of Security (Civil Aviation), Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (B.C.A.S.); Lalit Gupta, D.D.G., Directorate General of Civil Aviation (D.G.C.A.); S.C. Sharma, Executive Director, Operations, Airports Authority of India (A.A.I.) and Sekhar Borker, Board Member, National Trust will be members.
M.O.C.A. has also called upon Delhi International Airport Limited (D.I.A.L.), Air India, Jet Airways, Indigo and disability organisations to depute suitable members to the Committee.
The objectives before the Committee are to:
- Review the existing Civil Aviation Requirements (C.A.R.) on “Carriage of persons of disability and reduced mobility” by air.
- Study best practices in the world, latest United Nations/International Civil Aviation Organisation (I.C.A.O.) guidelines on the carriage of persons with disabilities.
- Suggest improvement of design of websites, accessories and facilities/infrastructure etc. specially meant to facilitate comfortable air travel for the persons of reduced mobility and disabilities.
The Committee has to submit its report within eight weeks from the date of constitution.
Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.) has nominated renowned accessibility expert Shivani Gupta to this Committee, with Rajiv Rajan, disabled rights activist from Tamil Nadu, as her alternative.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Incapacity laws: A preliminary analysis shows how laws discriminate against various kinds of disabilities and not just people of ‘unsound mind’!
- “We have to address the ignorance, lack of knowledge and true understanding of diversity that is common within our own disability sector,” Merry Barua
- Union Budget leaves the disability sector feeling cold
- Ministry of Civil Aviation constitutes Committee to review C.A.R.
- India and Philippines share experiences on C.R.P.D. Parallel Reporting
- Ex-Army Officer the first Indian with disability to be appointed at U.N.I.C.E.F.
- Database on Government projects that include persons with disabilities created
- Draft resolution on Article 29 of C.R.P.D. tabled by Mexico and New Zealand
- Legal capacity denied to persons with cerebral palsy
- Disability Rights Alliance asks for disabled-friendly metro in Chennai
- Unknown disease causing disability amongst children in Kashmir
- Pimpri Chinchwad B.R.T.S. to be accessible, but not entirely
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: