Volume 9 Issue 2 - April 01, 2012
Database on Government projects that include persons with disabilities created
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The World Bank and Leonard Cheshire Disability (L.C.D.) have created a new database which provides information on Government projects that aim to include people with disabilities in mainstream education, health and rehabilitation, and livelihood programmes. This first of its kind database, funded by the Japanese Government, was formally launched on March 15 in Bangkok at an international conference organised by L.C.D. and United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (E.S.C.A.P.).
Information included in the database has been compiled from projects in Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific. In addition to the details of the project, the database includes information on the legal environment and policy framework for people with disabilities and contact details of Government officials in charge of these projects, so that users with disabilities can contact them directly for further information.
The database has been created with the aim to promote communication and collaboration among the international disability community and also between Governments. It also hopes to further development effectiveness and mutual accountability of Governments in implementing the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (C.R.P.D.).
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Incapacity laws: A preliminary analysis shows how laws discriminate against various kinds of disabilities and not just people of ‘unsound mind’!
- “We have to address the ignorance, lack of knowledge and true understanding of diversity that is common within our own disability sector,” Merry Barua
- Union Budget leaves the disability sector feeling cold
- Ministry of Civil Aviation constitutes Committee to review C.A.R.
- India and Philippines share experiences on C.R.P.D. Parallel Reporting
- Ex-Army Officer the first Indian with disability to be appointed at U.N.I.C.E.F.
- Database on Government projects that include persons with disabilities created
- Draft resolution on Article 29 of C.R.P.D. tabled by Mexico and New Zealand
- Legal capacity denied to persons with cerebral palsy
- Disability Rights Alliance asks for disabled-friendly metro in Chennai
- Unknown disease causing disability amongst children in Kashmir
- Pimpri Chinchwad B.R.T.S. to be accessible, but not entirely
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: