Volume 2 Issue 20 - October 15, 2004
Exhibiting possibilities despite limitations
DNIS News Network - An art exhibition showcases work by disabled painters from across the country.
Beyond Limits, an art exhibition by artists with disabilities recently had its third season at Arpana Art Gallery, New Delhi. The 10-day festival, inaugurated by actress-cum-activist Nandita Dass was organised by Family of Disabled (FoD). The exhibition opened on October 2 and continued till October 11. It showcased the work of disabled artists from across the country.
Beyond Limits was first organised in 2001 to provide a platform to physically challenged artists to showcase their talent through a national level exhibition. Over the years, art lovers, corporates and multinationals have come forward to appreciate the efforts of the featured artists.
Commenting on the success of exhibition, Rajinder Singh Johar, the founder of FoD, said:
"The canvas of Beyond Limits has grown bigger this year as artists now
contribute their paintings from different parts of the country, many of them
First-time exhibitors this year included Amit Vardhan, G. Prabhakar, Geetika Makhija, Kanchan Vanvani, Reema Bansal, and Vipul Mittal.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Historic by-elections held in India
- Disabled woman discriminated against by Gulf Air
- CBSE schools most insensitive to disabled students' needs
- Government to initiate new policy for mentally ill
- Disabled adventurer scales new heights
- Christopher Reeve: Crusader for disabled passes away
- Exhibiting possibilities despite limitations
- World Mental Health Day draws attention to mental illness
- World Sight Day 2004 raises awareness
- Tendulkar shoots for ramps
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: