Volume 3 Issue 20 - October 15, 2005
P.I.L. filed in Guwahati H.C. seeking a direction to Tripura Government to implement Disability Act
D.N.I.S. News Network – In an indication of growing awareness about disability rights in different parts of the country, a Public Interest Litigation has been filed in Guwahati High Court seeking a direction to the State Government of Tripura to implement provisions pertaining to employment reservation stipulated in The Disability Act, 1995.
The petition filed by Nirmallya Das Gupta, President of Tripura Charitable Health Society, seeks the Court’s direction to implement the policy of reservation in respect of the disabled persons of the State of Tripura and to fulfill the vacancies against the back-log from the very inception of the Union Territory and the statehood of Tripura in compliance with the various schemes and policies adopted time to time.
The writ has been admitted and filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India by for an urgent and immediate direction upon the respondents to implement the provisions related to access in the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities. Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995, and to implement the reservation policy in respect of the disabled persons ofin the State of Tripura in the matter of employment and education ofin all kinds of colleges and schools.
The petition, which was filed on 24 August, is expected to come up for hearing by this month end.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- The 10th year of the Disability Act- It’s time for ACT10N is disability sector's theme for this year
- D.P.I. India, N.D.N. to send fact-finding team to look at quake relief in Kashmir
- The Disaster Management Bill 2005 leaves 70 million disabled people endangered
- Pioneering study on water and sanitation for disabled people
- Convergence India: Making disability part of every development initiative
- Ektha core group meet held in Chennai
- P.I.L. filed in Guwahati H.C. seeking a direction to Tripura Government to implement Disability Act
- Now a DU College for training visually impaired teachers
- U.P. Government asks all its departments hold recruitment examination on ground floor
- Government announces major initiative for N.G.O.s on World Sight Day
- Forging Inclusion on playgrounds, not just classroom
- National Programme for prevention of speech and hearing impairment on anvil: Health Minister
- Sensitising tomorrow’s media persons to issue of Access for people with disabilities
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: