Volume 2 Issue 23 - December 01, 2004
Third CavinKare Ability awards announced
DNIS News Network - CavinKare and Ability Foundation announce the 3rd CavinKare Ability Awards for achievers with disability.
CavinKare and Ability foundation have announced the 3rd CavinKare Ability Awards (2004-2005) for achievers with disability.
In association with the Indian Express Group, the two organisations have invited nominations from around the country for the CavinKare Ability Awards.
The award recognises disabled people who have achieved excellence in any field or have rendered exemplary service. It also gives due credit and recognition to deserving individuals who have worked to make their dream a reality.
These are three awards that celebrate the spirit of individual who have risen above their disabilities and displayed exemplary courage and triumphed in their chosen field.
CavinKare Ability Award for Eminence is a single award comprising a citation; a trophy and cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh. It is awarded to a pathfinder, a person who has been of service to others. The category recognises exemplary achievement and service of disabled people.
CavinKare Ability Mastery Awards are two awards comprising a citation, a memento and cash prize of Rs. 50,000. These awards are in recognition of an individual's mastery. Disabled people who have set a high standard for themselves and gone on to achieve it -- have been a source of inspiration to others, although not necessarily been directly involved in service to others.
The screening process includes scrutiny and nominees are shortlisted on the basis of nomination details. Site visits and reference checks by regional representatives will then further shortlist the nominees. An eminent jury will then select the final awardees.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- DRG unveils blueprint for rights of disabled citizens
- SC rejects plea of blind people
- NHRC Chairman objects to term 'able bodied person' in proposed National Employment Guarantee Act
- Barrier-free attitude sets an example for accessibility
- Third CavinKare Ability awards announced
- International arena for disabled sportspersons expanding
- Magiktuch concert for visually impaired people a grand success
- Indian NGO helps disabled children move into the mainstream
- Local scientist writing software for Prof Hawking
- Resource Centre bridges information gap
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: