Volume 3 Issue 23 - December 01, 2005
Disability cultural festival scheduled to mark World Disability Day has no sponsor!
D.N.I.S. News Network- A weeklong cultural festival, "Possible", featuring people with disabilities as performers and artists, planned to mark World Disability Day on 3 December has no sponsor so far.
“With only four days to go for the event we do not have any sponsor. We need all the support possible, but we cannot let down all those involved. We have been trying for sponsors for the past three months,” said Ajay Sharma, promoter of the event, on 28 November.
The media had lapped up the announcement of the event, with most Delhi-based newspapers carrying the news and details of the proposed event scheduled from 1 to 7 December.
On being asked about the long-term outcome of such endeavours for disabled people involved in the event, he said: “Apart from creating awareness about the potential of disabled people as artistes, the event is also an attempt at marketing these activities to the corporate sector. These productions are world class and have been acclaimed internationally.”
He asserted that the effort is geared to create employment opportunities, dignity and equality for disabled artists, actors and painters.
The fiesta is being organised by Disabilitytheatre.com, a production house dedicated to art for the disabled in association with Non Government Organisation, AAMAD, and a missionary organisation Brotherhood. The event involves dance theatre, painting exhibitions and international film screenings, which are about and performed by disabled people.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Sacking an employee on grounds of schizophrenia violates Disability Act: Bombay H.C.
- Parivaar accuses National Trust of going soft on corruption allegation; Aloka Guha denies charge
- National Convention held on National Policy on Inclusive Education
- Spirit of assertion by the disability sector fills the air ahead of World Disability Day
- Government institutions should respect the Disability Act: President
- Disability perspective missing in ActionAid’s critique of Millennium Development Goals
- Guwahati H. C. directs Nagaland to extend reservation for disabled to include higher posts
- Delhi Chief Minister inaugurates Special Olympics National Games
- Disability cultural festival scheduled to mark World Disability Day has no sponsor!
- Technical snag grips low-floor disabled-friendly buses
- Europe’s leading low fares airline announces policy change on vision impaired passengers
- Rajiv Gandhi Foundation gifts 'mobility' on birth anniversary of late Indira Gandhi
- Delhi Zoo being made disabled-friendly
- Chennai to host conference on Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- I.T.P.O. says it is helpless with regard to inaccessible pavilions at International Trade Fair
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: