Volume 3 Issue 24 - December 15, 2005
Thai disability rights protestors clash with police on World Disability Day
D.N.I.S. News Network- Disabled Peoples’ International held an impressive demonstration to stress on the demand for access on World Disability Day in Thailand.
The protestors clashed with the policemen when they were stopped from submitting a letter to the Prime Minister to provide access on public transportation system after the Transport Ministry announced plans to cut facilities for the disabled due to budget constraints.
The scene turned ugly after the police tried to forcibly move the group away from the traffic that was being held up and in the process causing a wheelchair user to fall down. But their efforts to meet the Prime Minister could not materialise as they were only allowed to meet the Transport Minister who showed up at the protest venue.
D.P.I. is a grassroots, cross-disability network with member organisations in over 110 countries, over half of which are in the developing world.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Delegation of disability leaders calls on President of India on World Disability Day
- A law with no one to implement has been the tragedy of the India's disability sector: Abidi
- Firm up disability laws to ensure rights of disabled people: Delhi High Court Chief Justice
- H.R.D. Ministry to be nodal agency for implementation of Inclusive Education policy
- Kalam asks States to appoint Special Commissioners to ensure implemention of 3 per cent reservation
- More and more disabled students enrolling in open schools: National Institute of Open Schooling
- Madras H.C. directs C.M.T.C. not to buy new buses without ensuring their accessibility
- Inclusive Education Plan set for launch next year: Arjun Singh
- Protests over lack of implementation of Disability Act mark World Disability Day
- Two-day career development forum held for promoting inclusive employment opportunities
- Access audit by D.L.U. South belies claims of disabled-friendly railway stations
- Delhi Travel and Tourism Development Corporation to construct accessible traffic crossings
- Eye Hospital by Rahul Gandhi to address high incidence of curable blindness in Uttar Pradesh
- Thai disability rights protestors clash with police on World Disability Day
- Special Olympics 2005 leaves only "winners"
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: