Volume 7 Issue 3 - February 01, 2010
Government simplifies process of obtaining disability certificate
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The herculean task of obtaining a disability certificate has got a lot easier! Various steps have been taken by the government to simplify the process of obtaining a disability certificate.
Doctors at primary health centres will now have the authority to issue disability certificates, specific days will be set aside for issuing certificates, camps will be held for issuing certificates at the taluka or block level, a fixed time frame will be given to the district medical board to issue a disability certificate once an application is submitted, and one can opt for a private practitioner if the medical board does not have a government psychiatrist or clinical psychologist.
For children with disabilities, the new plan puts the onus on headmasters and principals of schools to coordinate with the medical board and subsequently arrange certificates for them.
A disability certificate is a very important document as it enables a disabled person to take advantage of various concessions, schemes and facilities available under government and other non-government bodies.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- User interface is a key area that we need to work in, to make this an inclusive world: Shilpi Kapoor
- “Most of the time, extraordinary people who are doing extraordinary things get lost,” Ashutosh
- New Law versus Amendments – North Zone leaders speak up
- Javed Abidi bags lifetime achievement award
- N.C.P.E.D.P. writes to Prime Minister and Finance Minister regarding Budget 2010
- Mukul Wasnik continues to be evasive on new law while the sector’s demand gets stronger
- D.P.O.D. & N.C.P.E.D.P. tie up for a project on implementation of U.N.C.R.P.D.
- N.A.S.S.C.O.M. sets up Disability Advisory Group
- Countdown to Techshare 2010 begins
- After Mumbai, Right to Read Campaign reaches Delhi
- Premier B-School on road to being disabled friendly
- North Zone Consultation on New Law
- Drafting Committee on Electronic Access Policy finalises ‘revised draft’
- Nari Niketan Case: National Trust Sub-Committee members visit newborn Pari
- Government simplifies process of obtaining disability certificate
- C.B.S.E. to ensure no disabled child is denied admission
- 2nd National Conference of Indian Sign Language Interpreters to be held shortly
- Civic bodies must be disabled friendly, Yeddyurappa
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: