Volume 7 Issue 3 - February 01, 2010
N.C.P.E.D.P. writes to Prime Minister and Finance Minister regarding Budget 2010
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Union Budget for 2010-2011 is just around the corner and disability groups are stepping up the pressure to ensure that this time around disability issues are not sidelined, just like the Union and Rail Budgets last year.
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) has sent off letters to Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh; Finance Minister, Pranab Mukherjee; and also to Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson, U.P.A., apprising them of what the XIth Five Year Plan has mandated for the disability sector and to ensure that disability is given it’s due in the upcoming Union Budget.
It may be mentioned that the XIth Plan promised a lot to the disability sector: National Institute of Universal Design, National Captioning Centre, Sign Language Research and Training Centre and residential schools and colleges for the deaf. So far, nothing has been done.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- User interface is a key area that we need to work in, to make this an inclusive world: Shilpi Kapoor
- “Most of the time, extraordinary people who are doing extraordinary things get lost,” Ashutosh
- New Law versus Amendments – North Zone leaders speak up
- Javed Abidi bags lifetime achievement award
- N.C.P.E.D.P. writes to Prime Minister and Finance Minister regarding Budget 2010
- Mukul Wasnik continues to be evasive on new law while the sector’s demand gets stronger
- D.P.O.D. & N.C.P.E.D.P. tie up for a project on implementation of U.N.C.R.P.D.
- N.A.S.S.C.O.M. sets up Disability Advisory Group
- Countdown to Techshare 2010 begins
- After Mumbai, Right to Read Campaign reaches Delhi
- Premier B-School on road to being disabled friendly
- North Zone Consultation on New Law
- Drafting Committee on Electronic Access Policy finalises ‘revised draft’
- Nari Niketan Case: National Trust Sub-Committee members visit newborn Pari
- Government simplifies process of obtaining disability certificate
- C.B.S.E. to ensure no disabled child is denied admission
- 2nd National Conference of Indian Sign Language Interpreters to be held shortly
- Civic bodies must be disabled friendly, Yeddyurappa
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: