Volume 9 Issue 3 - April 15, 2012
Make rights of persons with disabilities justiciable: C.P.I.(M.)
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Expressing concern at the frequent violation of rights of persons with disabilities, the Communist Party of India (Marxist) adopted a Resolution at its recently concluded 20th Congress in Kozhikode demanding effective legal interventions and penal provisions to make such offences justiciable.
The Resolution highlighted how thousands of citizens with disabilities face varying degrees of difficulties, harassment and humiliation in public spaces because of the lack of facilities, insensitivity and stigma.
It also underlined how ineffective and toothless the Disability Act of 1995 is, due to the lack of any monitoring mechanism or provisions to punish those who violate the law. As a result, this Act is violated with impunity.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- It is high time for the disability sector to demand for a Disability Rights Budget Statement, Meenakshi Balasubramaniam
- Survey reveals dismal picture of persons with disabilities in Odisha
- Centre, D.G.C.A. served notice by Supreme Court on deplaning of passenger with disability
- Another meeting at Ministry of Civil Aviation, with no solution in sight
- Make rights of persons with disabilities justiciable: C.P.I.(M.)
- O.B.C. candidates with disabilities to get three extra attempts at Civil Services
- After four years, blind woman finally gets U.P.S.C. posting, but in a lower category!
- Railways directed to fill up posts reserved for persons with disabilities
- Find alternatives to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, says H.P. High Court
- D.U. plans an examination policy for students with multiple disabilities
- Allahabad University takes a step towards being disabled-friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: