Volume 9 Issue 3 - April 15, 2012
D.U. plans an examination policy for students with multiple disabilities
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Delhi University (D.U.) is planning to bring out detailed guidelines to make writing examinations easier for students with disabilities, especially those with multiple disabilities. The University has set up a Committee to discuss specific issues faced by students with disabilities, such as problems faced by students who cannot speak or write. However the Committee has not yet taken any decision as to what these guidelines will be or whether they can be finalised before the semester exams this year. D.U. has around 1000 students with disabilities.
According to the Equal Opportunity Cell of the University, D.U. already has an examination writing policy for students with disabilities, which came into effect in November 2011. However, issues related to students with multiple disabilities had not been addressed in this policy.
The Committee now wants to look into some mechanisms to see as to how the papers of students with multiple disabilities can be evaluated more carefully. The Committee has had two meetings so far and reached the conclusion that each case must be evaluated individually. But it is yet to come out with a final report.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- It is high time for the disability sector to demand for a Disability Rights Budget Statement, Meenakshi Balasubramaniam
- Survey reveals dismal picture of persons with disabilities in Odisha
- Centre, D.G.C.A. served notice by Supreme Court on deplaning of passenger with disability
- Another meeting at Ministry of Civil Aviation, with no solution in sight
- Make rights of persons with disabilities justiciable: C.P.I.(M.)
- O.B.C. candidates with disabilities to get three extra attempts at Civil Services
- After four years, blind woman finally gets U.P.S.C. posting, but in a lower category!
- Railways directed to fill up posts reserved for persons with disabilities
- Find alternatives to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, says H.P. High Court
- D.U. plans an examination policy for students with multiple disabilities
- Allahabad University takes a step towards being disabled-friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: