Volume 9 Issue 3 - April 15, 2012
Allahabad University takes a step towards being disabled-friendly
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Allahabad University has finally decided to make certain buildings on campus ‘barrier-free’ by constructing ramps.
As of today, most of the Allahabad University buildings are not accessible, despite the University Grants Commission guidelines stating that universities and colleges should make their campus disabled-friendly.
According to reports, the Building Works Committee of the University approved the plan to construct ramps after the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. A.K. Singh took personal interest in the issue. Besides various other Departments, the Vice-Chancellor’s Office, Registrar’s Office, Accounts Office and the Central Library will now have ramps.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- “It is high time for the disability sector to demand for a Disability Rights Budget Statement,” Meenakshi Balasubramaniam
- Survey reveals dismal picture of persons with disabilities in Odisha
- Centre, D.G.C.A. served notice by Supreme Court on deplaning of passenger with disability
- Another meeting at Ministry of Civil Aviation, with no solution in sight
- Make rights of persons with disabilities justiciable: C.P.I.(M.)
- O.B.C. candidates with disabilities to get three extra attempts at Civil Services
- After four years, blind woman finally gets U.P.S.C. posting, but in a lower category!
- Railways directed to fill up posts reserved for persons with disabilities
- Find alternatives to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, says H.P. High Court
- D.U. plans an examination policy for students with multiple disabilities
- Allahabad University takes a step towards being disabled-friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: