Volume 3 Issue 4 - February 15, 2005
DDA housing scheme reserves flats for physically disabled personsDNIS News Network The Festival Housing Scheme-2004 of the Delhi Development Authority reserved one percent of the 2,500 flats for persons with physical disabilities.
On January 28, 2005, the Delhi Development Authority announced the results of its Festival Housing Scheme-2004. One per cent of the 2,500 flats had been reserved for persons with physical impairments.
The total number of applicants for the flats in the disability category numbered 1,580 almost 63 times in excess of the available flats. DDA ensured that the flats for disabled persons were allotted in the beginning so that they could get ground floor accommodation.
The draw of the flats was conducted in the presence of four judges, an IPS officer, Chief Vigilance Officer of Indian Airlines and the Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Animal Husbandry.
The Festival Housing Scheme had received 164,000 applications in all, making it the second largest scheme in the history of DDA.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Shadow Report slams government apathy
- NCPEDP submits budget recommendations for Railway and Union Budgets
- Krishnamurthy found guilty of failing to provide facilities for disabled voters in Haryana
- India tops world leprosy tables
- DDA housing scheme reserves flats for physically disabled persons
- Taj Mahal to be accessible to physically disabled people
- Tsunami victims take delivery of wheelchairs
- Blind navigators set the pace in Chennai Rally
- Black throws light on disability
- Indian automobile designer focuses on disabled persons
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: