Volume 5 Issue 4 - February 15, 2007
N.C.P.E.D.P. organises Strategy Workshop in Jaipur
D.N.I.S. News Network – National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) organised a Strategy Workshop in Jaipur from 12 – 13 February 2007, to discuss the evaluation of D.S.I. supported project ‘Building a collective voice of disabled people in India through networking, awareness raising and advocacy’. The focus was on generating ideas for the future project activities and on finding ways in which National Disability Network (N.D.N.) and Disability News and Information Service (D.N.I.S.) could be further strengthened and improved.
Major areas addressed in the workshop vis-à-vis N.D.N. were: Should N.D.N. focus on numbers or consolidation & capacity building? What kind of capacities do Partners need and how? Is there a need for decentralisation? What should be done to strengthen N.D.N.? How to make Partners more accountable?
The following points emerged from the Group and Open House Discussions:
1. Expansion of N.D.N.
Expansion of N.D.N. in weaker states; Re-evaluating Partnerships; Reaching out to people in the language which they understand.
2. Capacity Building
Booklet on Policy Advocacy; Facilitating Peer Learning and catalysing contacts with other Partners; Advocacy Training; Sharing Best Practices; Building Youth Leadership.
Building Regional Leadership; Appointing Zonal Coordinators
4. Strengthening of N.D.N.
Focus on Key Result Areas; Increase the Profile of N.D.N.; Highlight Success Stories; Have a Nodal Person in Delhi who could travel; Identify and nurture Regional Representatives and N.D.N. Ambassadors.
The discussion on D.N.I.S. focused on the issue of language, structure, layout and design, resource centre and publicity. Following recommendations emerged from the workshop:
Come up with a quarterly digest that could be translated in Hindi.
2. Tool &Structure
Partners to send articles on a monthly basis; Letters to the editor; Contact Schools of Journalism and Social Work.
3. Layout and design
Internal Search Engine needs improvement; Make it more Google Search friendly.
4. Resource Centre
Chat board; Moderated listserves; Rotate and change people who would answer queries; Workshop for the media; Workshop for N.D.N. Partners on documentation
Advertisement in Disability Magazines; Posters on D.N.I.S.; Writing to National Institutes about D.N.I.S.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- N.C.P.E.D.P. organises Strategy Workshop in Jaipur
- Educate and empower disabled people: The voice of ‘India Poised’
- G.P.D.D. Task Force holds meeting in Delhi
- Disabled Civil Services candidate gets relief; C.I.C. slaps fine on Government
- Stop purchase of buses till Govt. finalises disabled-friendly model: Delhi H.C.
- Rajasthan sets example; Introduces low-floor buses in Kota
- India accounts for half of world’s leprosy patients
- Braille E.V.M.s for visually impaired people
- Centre working on measures to strengthen office of C.C.P.D.
- Government announces 22 schools for disabled children in Delhi
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: