Volume 5 Issue 4 - February 15, 2007
Centre working on measures to strengthen office of C.C.P.D.
D.N.I.S. News Network – The Centre is said to be working on measures to strengthen the office of the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (C.C.P.D.) to ensure effective monitoring of the utilisation of allocated funds in the disability sector and better coordination with the State Governments.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (M.S.J.E.) has directed the State Commissioners for Persons with Disabilities to simplify the process for assessment of disability and issue of the disability certificate in such a way that the whole process is completed in a single assigned day.
At the sixth meeting of the State Commissioners convened by M.S.J.E. to review the implementation of the Disability Act, Union Minister Meira Kumar urged the Commissioners to coordinate with the Department of Personnel to fully utilise reservation in jobs for persons with disabilities and asked them to strengthen the mechanisms to redress grievances of disabled people.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P. organises Strategy Workshop in Jaipur
- Educate and empower disabled people: The voice of ‘India Poised’
- G.P.D.D. Task Force holds meeting in Delhi
- Disabled Civil Services candidate gets relief; C.I.C. slaps fine on Government
- Stop purchase of buses till Govt. finalises disabled-friendly model: Delhi H.C.
- Rajasthan sets example; Introduces low-floor buses in Kota
- India accounts for half of world’s leprosy patients
- Braille E.V.M.s for visually impaired people
- Centre working on measures to strengthen office of C.C.P.D.
- Government announces 22 schools for disabled children in Delhi
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: