Volume 6 Issue 4 - August 01, 2009
Nominations open for Helen Keller Awards 2009
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Helen Keller Awards, an N.C.P.E.D.P. and Shell initiative, gives recognition to persons, corporates or organizations who have contributed to the cause of promoting employment opportunities for disabled people. This is the 11th edition of the awards.10 awards are given in 3 categories. The nominations for the 2009 edition are now open.
There are 3 awards for disabled persons from within and outside the disability sector who have been active as ambassadors of the cause of employment for disabled people and are a positive role model for others.
Another 3 awards will be given in the Role Model Supporter of Increased Employment Opportunities for Disabled People category. Individuals from within the disability sector and outside who have contributed substantially to the cause of promoting employment opportunities for disabled people over an extended period of time are eligible for this.
Four awards will be given away to companies, organizations or institutions who through their policies and practices demonstrate their belief in equal rights and gainful employment for persons with disabilities.
The completed Nomination Forms should reach N.C.P.E.D.P. latest by Tuesday, October 20.
A Sub-Committee will scrutinize the forms, and those selected will be informed directly. Subodh Bhargava chaired the Sub - Committee for seven years, from 1999-2005. Last three years, Dr. V. Krishnamurthy has chaired the Sub - Committee. Eminent persons from corporate sector, media as well as disability sector have served on the Sub - Committee in the previous years.
The award consists of a medal for individuals and a trophy for organizations, along with a citation. They will be presented at a function on December 2, the eve of the World Disability Day, at New Delhi.
For nomination forms, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.orgView Details for nomination forms of Corporates/NGOs/Institutions (WORD 38 KB)
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- N.C.R.P.D. - India calls on the Prime Minister
- Disabled Rights Group protest against non - inclusion of disability in Union Budget
- Right to Education Bill not all right, say disabled rights activists
- 3rd Meeting of N.C.R.P.D. - India held
- Core Group Meetings held on July 22 & 23
- Disability Act to be amended
- Nominations open for Helen Keller Awards 2009
- Parivaar submits Memorandum to the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment
- Call for disability certificate to be merged with the Unique Identification Number
- Scholarship for students with disability
- Insult on physical disability could be a punishable offence
- Army chooses golf carts over wheelchairs
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: