Volume 7 Issue 4 - February 15, 2010
East Zone Consultation on Disability Act in Guwahati on February 20
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The East Zone Consultation on ‘The Rights of Persons with Disabilities (Respect for Dignity, Effective Participation and Inclusive Opportunities) Act, 2010’ will be held in Guwahati on February 20. It is being organised by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) in collaboration with Shishu Sarothi.
A National Consultation on this issue was held in New Delhi in October last, following which a decision was taken to carry the mandate for a new disability legislation as opposed to the proposed amendments to the existing one, to the grassroots.
“We took the decision to have a Zonal Consultation in Guwahati because the North East generally gets neglected in most socio-political initiatives as the region is not well connected to other parts of the country,” said Javed Abidi, Honorary Director, N.C.P.E.D.P.
The North Zone Consultation has already been held in New Delhi on January 29 and 30. After the February 20 Consultation in Guwahati, the next two Consultations will be held in Mumbai for the West Zone and in Chennai for the South Zone.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “D.R.F. would like to promote further advocacy work on C.R.P.D. to advance the human rights of persons with disabilities,” Szporluk, Deany
- M.S.J.E. considering a new law over amendments, Wasnik tells D.R.G.
- Census Commissioner open to inputs from the disability sector
- N.A.S.S.C.O.M.’s Disability Advisory Group – Good start but apprehensions persist
- D.R.G.’s protest against government’s apathy on deaths at Asha Kiran
- Another disabled youth faces I.A.S. roadblock
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister goes all out to empower disabled people
- East Zone Consultation on Disability Act in Guwahati on February 20
- Only 49 scribes for over 200 dyslexic students
- Government takes a re-look at deaf driving, consults health specialists
- Diamond maker to employ 1000 disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: