Volume 9 Issue 4 - May 01, 2012
Nominations for the 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P.-MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 open
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Despite having at least 100 million persons with disabilities in India, only a minuscule percentage of the population is seen in the mainstream of any aspect of life in the country. A major reason for this is the lack of access.
In order to spread awareness on Universal Design and to popularise this concept, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.), in association with AccessAbility and BarrierBreak Technologies, and with the support of MphasiS, instituted The N.C.P.E.D.P.-MphasiS Universal Design Awards in 2010. These Awards are given away every year to those who have been doing exemplary work towards the cause of accessibility and thus ensuring a life of equality and dignity for people with disabilities.
In the past two editions, these two Awards were able to create tremendous buzz among stakeholders and received an amazing response. The nominations for this year’s Awards are now open. There are three categories in which the Awards are given out: Persons with Disabilities (3 Awards); Working Professionals (3 Awards) and Corporates/Organisations (4 Awards). As of now, these Awards are limited only to India. For more information and to download the nominations click here.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “In the absence of comparable information, most of the policy planning for people with disabilities is based on assumptions,” Dr. Sruti Mohapatra
- Nominations for the 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P.-MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 open
- Department of Disability Affairs likely to become functional soon
- Amendments to R.T.E. passed by Rajya Sabha; mixed bag for disability sector
- Kanchan Pamnani and Shivani Gupta attends C.R.P.D. Committee meeting in Geneva
- O.H.C.H.R.’s compilation on India’s U.P.R. mentions N.D.N.’s submission
- N.A.C. comes out with Draft Recommendations on the proposed new disability law
- Women and Child Welfare Department to formulate action points for persons with disabilities in Odisha
- Project on dyslexia wins India leg of Microsoft’s Imagine Cup
- 300 man-days likely for persons with disabilities under N.R.E.G.S.
- Draft guidelines for examination writing by blind and low vision persons to be submitted to M.S.J.E.
- No concrete decision on making D.U. disabled-friendly
- Haryana bans use of the word 'handicapped'
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: