Volume 9 Issue 4 - May 01, 2012
Kanchan Pamnani and Shivani Gupta attends C.R.P.D. Committee meeting in Geneva
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Noted disabled activists Kanchan Pamnani and Shivani Gupta attended the 7th Session of the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities or the C.R.P.D. Committee in Geneva from April 16 to 20 as observers. Pamnani and Gupta were nominated by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) to represent Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.) and National Disability Network (N.D.N.) at a workshop organised by International Disability Alliance (I.D.A.) on ‘Challenges and Opportunities of Monitoring the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (C.R.P.D.)’, held on the sidelines of the C.R.P.D. Committee meeting.
In this Session, the C.R.P.D. Committee reviewed the State Report of Peru and came out with the list of issues for Argentina, China and Hungary.
Shivani Gupta also met with several Country Missions to advocate for questions on disability in India’s upcoming Universal Periodic Review (U.P.R.).
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- “In the absence of comparable information, most of the policy planning for people with disabilities is based on assumptions,” Dr. Sruti Mohapatra
- Nominations for the 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P.-MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 open
- Department of Disability Affairs likely to become functional soon
- Amendments to R.T.E. passed by Rajya Sabha; mixed bag for disability sector
- Kanchan Pamnani and Shivani Gupta attends C.R.P.D. Committee meeting in Geneva
- O.H.C.H.R.’s compilation on India’s U.P.R. mentions N.D.N.’s submission
- N.A.C. comes out with Draft Recommendations on the proposed new disability law
- Women and Child Welfare Department to formulate action points for persons with disabilities in Odisha
- Project on dyslexia wins India leg of Microsoft’s Imagine Cup
- 300 man-days likely for persons with disabilities under N.R.E.G.S.
- Draft guidelines for examination writing by blind and low vision persons to be submitted to M.S.J.E.
- No concrete decision on making D.U. disabled-friendly
- Haryana bans use of the word 'handicapped'
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: