Volume 9 Issue 4 - May 01, 2012
300 man-days likely for persons with disabilities under N.R.E.G.S.
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Andhra Pradesh Government is contemplating increasing the man-days of persons with disabilities under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (N.R.E.G.S.) from the existing 200 to 300 days. This was stated by G. Jayalakshmi, State Rural Development Commissioner during an inspection of N.R.E.G.S. in East Godavari.
Another proposal with regard to persons with disabilities under consideration is to pay full wages for the day for 50 percent work done. At present they get full wages for 70 percent work done.
According to available statistics, nearly 6,874 persons with disabilities have enrolled to work under N.R.E.G.S. in Andhra Pradesh. Work was allotted to 5,054 persons and of them 3,800 have reported for work. On an average, each person with disability gets daily wages of Rs. 150 per day.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “In the absence of comparable information, most of the policy planning for people with disabilities is based on assumptions,” Dr. Sruti Mohapatra
- Nominations for the 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P.-MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 open
- Department of Disability Affairs likely to become functional soon
- Amendments to R.T.E. passed by Rajya Sabha; mixed bag for disability sector
- Kanchan Pamnani and Shivani Gupta attends C.R.P.D. Committee meeting in Geneva
- O.H.C.H.R.’s compilation on India’s U.P.R. mentions N.D.N.’s submission
- N.A.C. comes out with Draft Recommendations on the proposed new disability law
- Women and Child Welfare Department to formulate action points for persons with disabilities in Odisha
- Project on dyslexia wins India leg of Microsoft’s Imagine Cup
- 300 man-days likely for persons with disabilities under N.R.E.G.S.
- Draft guidelines for examination writing by blind and low vision persons to be submitted to M.S.J.E.
- No concrete decision on making D.U. disabled-friendly
- Haryana bans use of the word 'handicapped'
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: