Volume 1 Issue 5 - November 01, 2003
Disability music video, Kinara, selected for international film festival
DNIS News Network -- Kinara, a three-minute music video on disability produced for National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), has been selected for the 4th International Short Film Festival - The Way We Live - to be held in Germany during November 19 to 23, 2003.
Kinara went through a tough competition. Only 24 films have been selected for screening from amongst the 300 entries received from 43 countries.
The film is beautifully narrated through a Hindi song in the background, and depicts the wishes and aspirations of a talented disabled young man and his happy life. The video presents a positive picture of a disabled person's life and explains the importance of inclusion of India's 6 crore disabled population in mainstream society.
Earlier this year, Kinara was screened at International Video Film Festival - ivfest'03 - at Tiruvananthapuram.
Speaking on the making of the movie, director Parvez Imam recalled, "It was a challenge for us because we had to capture the 10-minute twilight for the film. The film was completed in two days and we waited for hours for only 10 minutes to do important parts of the shoot."
Imam is excited about the discussion forum where the audience is expected to participate after the screening of the film. "I am eager to observe the reaction of the audience on the Indian context of disability," he added.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Meet on incentives for corporates to employ disabled people
- National panel for disabilities notified
- Samsung to sponsor 20 scholarships for disabled students
- NCPEDP to conduct an audit on the NHFDC's operations
- Disability music video, Kinara, selected for international film festival
- Centre, Delhi governments to set up autism centres
- NCPEDP to conduct employment audit in private sector
- 59th Commission of ESCAP to make the region barrier-free
- Natalie is a very special athlete
- Rapist of mentally challenged to face
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: