Volume 1 Issue 5 - November 01, 2003
NCPEDP to conduct employment audit in private sectorDNIS News Network -- The cross-disability advocacy organisation, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), has planned to carry out an employment audit to assess employment of disabled people in the corporate sector.
In 1998, during its corporate research study, NCPEDP came to the shocking truth that only about 1 lakh disabled people have been able to get employment in the last 40 years.
The study, based on the top 70 Indian companies, revealed that only 10 companies had employed 1 per cent disabled people. It was found that only 0.54 per cent disabled people were employed in the public sector. In private sector companies the percentage of disabled employees was 0.28 per cent and in multinationals stood at even lower 0.05.
It was surprising to note that multinational companies, who follow strict quotas and laws for employing disabled people in other countries, had employed the least amount of disabled people in India.
To assess the attitudinal state of most companies regarding employment of disabled people, NCPEDP has now decided to carry out a second audit.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Meet on incentives for corporates to employ disabled people
- National panel for disabilities notified
- Samsung to sponsor 20 scholarships for disabled students
- NCPEDP to conduct an audit on the NHFDC's operations
- Disability music video, Kinara, selected for international film festival
- Centre, Delhi governments to set up autism centres
- NCPEDP to conduct employment audit in private sector
- 59th Commission of ESCAP to make the region barrier-free
- Natalie is a very special athlete
- Rapist of mentally challenged to face
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: