Volume 4 Issue 5 - March 01, 2006
Delhi High Court issues notices to private airlines seeking details on disability access
D.N.I.S. News Network- In a move to end anarchy on the part of private airline operators and complacency by Airport Authority of India (A.A.I. ) in not seriously addressing the issue of providing access for disabled passengers, the Delhi High Court has issued notices to six private airlines and A.A.I.
While hearing a petition filed by Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.), Justices Vijender Jain and Rekha Sharma issued notices to Indian, Jet Airways, Sahara Airlines, Air Deccan, SpiceJet and Kingfisher Airlines, seeking details of the provisions made available by them to disabled people.
The court brought six private airlines under its scanner on the issue after A.A.I. submitted that the provision of special facilities on aircrafts is the responsibility of the airlines.
Not allowing A.A.I. to wash its hands off the issue, the court directed it to explain as to what facilities are being created for people with disabilities in its 20-year modernisation plan for airports in the country.
The case will now come up for hearing on 10 May 2006.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- There is something for everyone in the Railway Budget, says Lalu! But what about disabled people?
- Inclusive education needs funds
- Union Budget fails to deliver an incentives policy to promote employment for disabled people
- Hopes of millions of disabled people dashed! Lalu’s Orwellian budget fails to address demands
- M.S.J.E. asks States to send recommendations for amendment to Disability Act
- Delhi High Court pulls up Indian Railways for not implementing Disability Act
- Delhi High Court issues notices to private airlines seeking details on disability access
- Delhi High Court issues notice to U.G.C. on lack of facilities for disabled students
- Delhi High Court orders Centre & D.D.A. to notify scheme for land & plots at concessional rates
- Disability sector in Manipur demands implementation of Disability Act
- Learn from the past and move ahead to implement the Disability Act more effectively: Justice Verma
- North Zone Partners commit to strengthen National Disability Network
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: