Volume 4 Issue 5 - March 01, 2006
North Zone Partners commit to strengthen National Disability Network
D.N.I.S. News Network – National Disability Network (N.D.N.) North Zone Partners’ Meet held recently in Lucknow saw the Partner’s reiterating the important role being played by the national-grouping in information dissemination and re-affirmed their commitment for keeping the Network alive.
The Meet was organised by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) in association with Handicare (Indian Association of the Handicapped). Twenty four N.D.N. State and District Partners from Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, New Delhi, Uttaranchal and Uttar Pradesh attended the event on 25 February.
The Partners’ Meet was organised with a view to discuss the issues concerning various States and Union Territories and to create a Zonal Plan for N.D.N. in the North Zone. The objective of the meeting was also to discuss ways to not only strengthen the Network but also to expand its reach to all the districts of the North Zone.
All the Partners present made presentations on state of employment, access, legislation and education in their respective States vis-à-vis disabled people. They shared their successes and difficulties in pursuing their targets. Senior Partners from Jammu and Kashmir highlighted the role being played by N.D.N. in the rehabilitation programme for the earthquake affected disabled people in Kashmir.
The N.D.N. Partners also visited the Tata Motors production facility and saw the manufacturing of disabled-friendly low floor buses operational in Delhi and Mumbai. They also saw a model of a disabled-friendly bus station.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- There is something for everyone in the Railway Budget, says Lalu! But what about disabled people?
- Inclusive education needs funds
- Union Budget fails to deliver an incentives policy to promote employment for disabled people
- Hopes of millions of disabled people dashed! Lalu’s Orwellian budget fails to address demands
- M.S.J.E. asks States to send recommendations for amendment to Disability Act
- Delhi High Court pulls up Indian Railways for not implementing Disability Act
- Delhi High Court issues notices to private airlines seeking details on disability access
- Delhi High Court issues notice to U.G.C. on lack of facilities for disabled students
- Delhi High Court orders Centre & D.D.A. to notify scheme for land & plots at concessional rates
- Disability sector in Manipur demands implementation of Disability Act
- Learn from the past and move ahead to implement the Disability Act more effectively: Justice Verma
- North Zone Partners commit to strengthen National Disability Network
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: