Volume 4 Issue 6 - March 15, 2006
Disability Movement to penetrate in the poorest districts of India
D.N.I.S. News Network- The agenda of disability is set to receive an unprecedented pitch with the initiation of a project by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) in partnership with National Disability Network (N.D.N.) that will reach out to empower disabled people in 105 poorest districts in six States of India.
The broad objectives of this project, which is being funded by Poorest Areas Civil Society (PACS) Programme, are to promote local advocacy groups and build leadership in disability sector by assisting local disability groups and activists to join hands with state level groups forming a powerful network. This network will act as a pressure group to influence policies meaningfully and ensure that disabled people are included in the decision-making process.
The two year project will enable disability sector to acquire a pan-India synergy by letting the voices of the grassroots to be heard at a macro-level. It will, thus, facilitate a reverse flow of information apart from integration of district level issues with the national ones.
The two year project will enable disability sector to acquire a pan India synergy by allowing the voices of the grassroots, thus, facilitating a reverse flow of information apart from integration of the district level issues with the national ones. Disability movement has, by and large, remained an urban, metro-centric phenomenon. With this Project, disability movement will get an opportunity to make inroads into, predominantly tribal populated, the poorest districts of West and North India.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- We will do everything to take care of our disabled citizens: Railway Minister
- National Policy for Persons with Disability released on M.S.J.E. website
- Chhattisgarh becomes the first state to frame a policy for disabled people
- Posts for disabled people to be identified soon: Manipur Chief Minister
- Disability Law Unit – South launches advocacy campaign for disabled friendly elections
- Disability Movement to penetrate in the poorest districts of India
- Master Plan Delhi-2021 in its finalisation phase
- World Bank to award grants to innovative ideas on employment generation for disabled people in Pak
- I.T.C. undertaking initiative for inclusion of disabled people
- India will become second in the world in glaucoma cases by 2020: Study
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: