Volume 4 Issue 6 - March 15, 2006
Master Plan Delhi-2021 in its finalisation phase
D.N.I.S. News Network- The Master Plan Delhi 2021 (M.P.D.-2021) is in its final stage with Delhi Development Authority (D.D.A.) Special Committee likely to approve it soon. But it will need the approval of the Urban Development Ministry and the Union Cabinet before the final plan can see the light of the day.
In a recent meeting of D.D.A. officials to finalise the draft there was some good news for the disability sector that has been campaigning for its demands related to access and barrier-free constructions and infrastructure. According to a news reports, the plan would make it mandatory to have a centre for every one lakh population for the specific use of physically and mentally disabled people. However, no further details are available on whether the Plan has anymore pro-disability provisions.
In a related development, speaking at a recent review of the Plan following a detailed presentation by D.D.A., Union Minister of State for Urban Development Ajay Maken has demanded that the Plan should reflect the sentiments of the people at large in more realistic and holistic manner.
He urged the D.D.A. to organise two workshops. One of these, he said, should be with public representatives and representatives of political parties while the other should have participation of the immediately aggrieved groups like the Mahapanchayat of rural areas and the fashion industry apart from various other citizen groups.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- We will do everything to take care of our disabled citizens: Railway Minister
- National Policy for Persons with Disability released on M.S.J.E. website
- Chhattisgarh becomes the first state to frame a policy for disabled people
- Posts for disabled people to be identified soon: Manipur Chief Minister
- Disability Law Unit – South launches advocacy campaign for disabled friendly elections
- Disability Movement to penetrate in the poorest districts of India
- Master Plan Delhi-2021 in its finalisation phase
- World Bank to award grants to innovative ideas on employment generation for disabled people in Pak
- I.T.C. undertaking initiative for inclusion of disabled people
- India will become second in the world in glaucoma cases by 2020: Study
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: