Volume 4 Issue 6 - March 15, 2006
World Bank to award grants to innovative ideas on employment generation for disabled people in Pak
D.N.I.S. News Network- The first Pakistan Development Marketplace, “Mazoori Majboori Nahin”, will be held on 15 March 2006 in Islamabad to support pioneering ideas and proposals with the potential of improving lives of disabled people by creating livelihood for them.
The day-long programme is being held as part of the World Bank's Global Development Marketplace program that has awarded 40 million dollars to more than 1,000 groundbreaking projects in over 70 countries since its inception in 1998.
It aims to give impetus to Government of Pakistan and Civil Society efforts to mainstream disabled people in national development, identify and heighten public visibility of issues relevant to persons with disabilities and the National Policy for Persons with Disabilities; create new networks for knowledge sharing; Build a consortium of grantees, grant-makers, in-kind contributors and champions to further the disability agenda in Pakistan.
There are two main components of the Pakistan Development Marketplace:
1. A Competition that will grant individuals and organizations up to 25,000 dollars (1,500,000 Pakistani Rupees) to implement projects that support innovations of and for persons with disabilities;
2. A Knowledge Exchange Conference that brings together civil society organizations, government, the business sector and development agencies to explore ways to work together in partnership to support the National Policy for Persons with Disabilities.
On 15 March, the finalists will bring their projects for a pubic exhibition and knowledge sharing. At the competition, they will be interviewed by a jury, which will announce the winning projects that will receive funding for implementation.
Executive Director of National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People Javed Abidi has also been invited to take part in this important gathering.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- We will do everything to take care of our disabled citizens: Railway Minister
- National Policy for Persons with Disability released on M.S.J.E. website
- Chhattisgarh becomes the first state to frame a policy for disabled people
- Posts for disabled people to be identified soon: Manipur Chief Minister
- Disability Law Unit – South launches advocacy campaign for disabled friendly elections
- Disability Movement to penetrate in the poorest districts of India
- Master Plan Delhi-2021 in its finalisation phase
- World Bank to award grants to innovative ideas on employment generation for disabled people in Pak
- I.T.C. undertaking initiative for inclusion of disabled people
- India will become second in the world in glaucoma cases by 2020: Study
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: