Volume 7 Issue 6 - March 15, 2010
One day workshop on preventing corruption and fraud in N.G.O.s
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: In an effort to find ways, tools and methods to prevent corruption and misuse of project funds in Non Governmental Organizations (N.G.O.s), Project Advice and Training Centre (P.A.T.C.), Denmark recently conducted a one day workshop on March 9 on ‘Organizational Integrity / Anti Corruption’. This was held at the India International Centre Annexe (I.I.C.), New Delhi.
The workshop conducted by P.A.T.C., Denmark brought together several organizations in India whose projects are being funded by Danish partners. National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) was among the participants at the workshop.
Solveig Nielsen and Troels Hovgaard who were the resource persons at the workshop discussed the need to have proper checks and balances in place to ensure accountability in the way project funds are spent. Through group exercises, the workshop attempted to explore how corruption and fraud can be prevented in an organizational setup.
It maybe mentioned that N.C.P.E.D.P. recently started a project in partnership with Disabled People Organization Denmark (D.P.O.D.). The focus of the project is on the implementation of Article 31 and Article 33 of United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (U.N.C.R.P.D.).
D.P.O.D. is an umbrella organization composed of 250 Danish member organizations. It aims to develop and strengthen relationships between Danish organizations and their international partners.
To know more about P.A.T.C., Please click on: www.prngo.dk
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “The needs of disabled persons in Malaysia are still seen largely as a welfare function,” Maniam Sinnasamy
- Javed Abidi’s workshop leads to setting up of Disability Rights Group - Malaysia
- One day workshop on preventing corruption and fraud in N.G.O.s
- Chief Minister champions the rights of disabled people
- Braille codes to be developed in tribal languages in the North East
- Visually impaired students can aspire to become doctors – Supreme Court
- High Court steps in to allow dyslexic student to write the Board exams
- Parents to insure themselves to ensure lifelong care for their children
- Concessions for students with learning disabilities
- C.B.S.E. to offer mathematics and science exams in Braille
- 200 severely disabled children in Delhi to be home tutored
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: