Volume 8 Issue 6 - March 15, 2011
Delhi High Court directs A.I.I.M.S. to call disabled doctor for counsellingD.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Delhi High Court directed the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (A.I.I.M.S.) to offer a seat to the doctor, who has locomotor disability and was not called for counselling for admission in a Post Graduate course.
Acting on a petition filed by Dr Ananditeerth P Mutalik of Karnataka, a bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna said: “In our considered opinion, Mutalik should be called for counselling and judged on merits. The competent authority shall conduct counselling in respect of the petitioner and offer a seat if he is eligible otherwise”.
Mutalik said that while submitting his application he had mentioned that he is 50% disabled. He appeared in All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (A.I.P.G.E.E.) conducted by A.I.I.M.S. in January under the disability quota.
Mutalik would opt for Medicine, if selected for the P.G. Course.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “Of course, I support full Legal Capacity,” Poonam Natarajan
- “The chapters on Legal Capacity and Authorities need to be rewritten,” General Ian Cardozo
- Working Draft of proposed new disability law comes under fire; a cut paste job says the sector
- Legal Capacity: Health Ministry and M.S.J.E. come out with two diametrically opposite positions
- Significant increase in the number of disabled students taking board exams but is it a premature celebration?
- Disabled people boycott Tamil Nadu Consultation; deliberations hijacked by parents and professionals
- Abidi writes to P.M., expresses disappointment over Union Budget
- ‘Disability Act should include elderly’
- Delhi High Court directs A.I.I.M.S. to call disabled doctor for counselling
- Javed Abidi invited to attend C.R.P.D. Committee’s meeting in Geneva
- Accessible passenger ramps: Innovation of IndiGo Airlines
- Heritage monuments to become disabled-friendly!
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: