Volume 9 Issue 6 - June 01, 2012
L.C.D. and Accenture launch job portal for people with disabilitiesD.N.I.S. News Network, India: Leonard Cheshire Disability (L.C.D.) and Accenture have launched a job portal. This is the first of its kind portal in South Asia and will host job offers from various companies and also have resumes of prospective employees with disabilities.
Interested candidates with disabilities will be able upload their resumes. The idea behind the portal is to encourage corporates to identify and employ suitable candidates. Employment of people with disabilities is a very dismal scenario in the country. Despite the 3 percent reservation in Government jobs, there is a huge backlog. As jobs in the public sector are shrinking, not many corporates seem to be doing much to employ people with disabilities. In fact, it is reported that employment of people with disabilities fell from 43 percent in 1991 to 38 percent in 2002.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- “There needs to be clear distinction between an activity centre and a vocational course”: Thilakam Rajendran
- Indigo humiliates U.N. Special Rapporteur on Disability, refuses an aisle chair!
- More than half of seats reserved for students with disabilities in I.I.T.s go vacant!
- Sharath Gayakwad first Indian swimmer to qualify for Paralympics
- Deaf person can give testimony, says Supreme Court
- Bachelor and Diploma programmes in Education to include modules on disability
- Delhi University does away with medical board for disabled aspirants
- Disability finds no mention in India’s Universal Periodic Review
- L.C.D. and Accenture launch job portal for people with disabilities
- Study reveals disability a focus among corporates in Asia-Pacific
- Rajasthan Government directs officials to ensure public buildings are disabled friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: