Volume 9 Issue 6 - June 01, 2012
Study reveals disability a focus among corporates in Asia-PacificD.N.I.S. News Network, India: A recent study by Mercer says that disability is second on the list of focus areas in the corporate sector in India. While 91 percent companies said that gender is their focus, disability came second with 39 percent. The study was conducted among 31 companies across Asia-Pacific.
Though it seems to be a good development for the disability sector, scenario on the ground reflects another reality. Employment for people with disabilities in the private sector is less than 1 percent. Other than a handful of companies which have genuinely shown an interest in disability, it still is not on the agenda of most corporates in India.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “There needs to be clear distinction between an activity centre and a vocational course”: Thilakam Rajendran
- Indigo humiliates U.N. Special Rapporteur on Disability, refuses an aisle chair!
- More than half of seats reserved for students with disabilities in I.I.T.s go vacant!
- Sharath Gayakwad first Indian swimmer to qualify for Paralympics
- Deaf person can give testimony, says Supreme Court
- Bachelor and Diploma programmes in Education to include modules on disability
- Delhi University does away with medical board for disabled aspirants
- Disability finds no mention in India’s Universal Periodic Review
- L.C.D. and Accenture launch job portal for people with disabilities
- Study reveals disability a focus among corporates in Asia-Pacific
- Rajasthan Government directs officials to ensure public buildings are disabled friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: