Volume 9 Issue 6 - June 01, 2012
Rajasthan Government directs officials to ensure public buildings are disabled friendlyD.N.I.S. News Network, India: Ashok Gehlot, Chief Minister of Rajasthan has issued a directive to Government officials to ensure that all public buildings in the State are made disabled friendly. For this purpose, the Government is also taking a loan of Rupees 115 crore from Housing and Urban Development Corporation.
The facility that the public buildings would need to have includes lifts, ramps, etc. and these will be incorporated in all public buildings at sub-division, division and district level.
While this could be good news for people with disabilities in Rajasthan, accessibility is a major issue in almost all States across the country. Only recently, a survey conducted by some N.G.O.s in Tamil Nadu noted that only 1 percent of the buildings in Chennai are disabled friendly.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “There needs to be clear distinction between an activity centre and a vocational course”: Thilakam Rajendran
- Indigo humiliates U.N. Special Rapporteur on Disability, refuses an aisle chair!
- More than half of seats reserved for students with disabilities in I.I.T.s go vacant!
- Sharath Gayakwad first Indian swimmer to qualify for Paralympics
- Deaf person can give testimony, says Supreme Court
- Bachelor and Diploma programmes in Education to include modules on disability
- Delhi University does away with medical board for disabled aspirants
- Disability finds no mention in India’s Universal Periodic Review
- L.C.D. and Accenture launch job portal for people with disabilities
- Study reveals disability a focus among corporates in Asia-Pacific
- Rajasthan Government directs officials to ensure public buildings are disabled friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: