Volume 2 Issue 7 - April 01, 2004
Disabled seek political space
DNIS News Network - In an unprecedented show of strength, India's physically challenged people came out of their shell on March 20 and demanded their share of attention from political parties by, for starters, including their needs in election manifestos.
The landmark event was a 'National convention on political rights of disabled people' at FICCI auditorium, Delhi, convened by the Disabled Rights Group.
In order to make political parties realise the seriousness of their needs, around 700 people from 17 states of India came together in Delhi and submitted their Charter of Demands to the BJP and the CPI (M). The Congress was hugely conspicuous by its absence.
A demand for the reconstitution of the National Disability Commission to include disabled people in prominent positions, along with an immediate revision of the identified job list for disabled people, are listed in the charter.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Disabled persons too want to vote
- Disabled seek political space
- Javed Abidi: Candidate for the differently abled
- President Kalam urged to make voting disabled-friendly
- Visibility in election manifestos
- Blind doctor set to practice medicine
- SC notice to Centre on care of mentally ill
- Disabled passengers' nightmare at domestic airport
- HC orders disability pension for Army man sacked in 1964
- Stress on special education
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: