Volume 3 Issue 7 - April 01, 2005
N.C.P.E.D.P. launches training programme in Mumbai
DNIS News Network - N.C.P.E.D.P. starts special training programmes to recruit disabled people for B.P.O.s and other organisations.
A special training programme was launched in Mumbai from 16 March by N.C.P.E.D.P. It is being conducted by a professional training organisation called People-One Consulting Pvt. Ltd. Aimed at training disabled candidates for the Business Process Outsourcing (B.P.O.) industry, the training has been organised in partnership with National Society for Equal Opportunities for the Handicapped (NASEOH) with support from the Samsung DigitAll Hope Award 2003.
Thirty-three candidates were assessed on the basis of communication skills, command over the English language and comprehensive abilities; 25 were found suitable for the training. Most of these candidates also have basic computer knowledge.
Candidates undergoing this training would be placed in I.T. Enabled Services, that is, the B.P.O. call centre industry. The candidates have been divided into two groups – one for ‘call centre training' and the other for ‘non-call centre training'. Both the batches will undergo similar modules in communication skills, telephone etiquette, grammar and comprehension, with the call centre batch getting additional classes in voice and accent training. The 86-hour programme is spread over 25 days.
N.C.P.E.D.P. hopes to place these trainees in the B.P.O. call centre industry once they have acquired the requisite skills. A few organisations have been approached regarding this initiative and they too have taken interest to visit and assess these candidates during the training programme.
As a pilot training programme, 25 disabled candidates each in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore are being trained for taking up jobs in the B.P.O./call centre industry. One batch of candidates in Delhi and Bangalore has successfully completed the training and a second round is scheduled to begin.
Candidates interested in participating in the training can send in their applications to email@example.com or write to:
Senior Project Coordinator,
Employment Unit, N.C.P.E.D.P.,
A – 77, N.D.S.E Part – II,
New Delhi 110 049.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Arjun Singh announces plan to make education disabled-friendly by 2020
- IIT Delhi shows its true colours
- GAIL dismisses disabled employees
- U.D.S.P.A. threatens mass agitation
- Advertising gimmick or sheer insensitivity
- ‘Public interest' advertisement on road safety outrages sensitivity
- Towards a disabled-friendly Lucknow
- N.C.P.E.D.P. launches training programme in Mumbai
- Legal cell in Orissa to support disabled people
- Tsunami-affected families to get psychosocial relief
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: