Volume 6 Issue 7 - September 15, 2009
Cochlear launches implantable hearing solutions in India
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Cochlear Limited, an Australia based company, has launched 3 new technologies – Cochlear Hybrid, Cochlear Nucleus 5 and Cochlear Baha B.P. 100 in India. The next - generation implantable hearing solutions are designed for people with partial deafness, moderate to profound deafness and single - sided deafness.
"Cochlear implant technology could benefit more than 3 million children and adults in India,” said Mark Salmon, President, Cochlear Asia – Pacific.
The fifth generation implant technology would cost Rs. 5.3 lakh at the lower end and Rs. 9.50 lakh at the higher-end.
The company will offer implant surgeries at 40 centres across the country. The company has successfully conducted 3,500 implant surgeries in the last 10 years in India.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- We practice what we preach! D.N.I.S. becomes W.C.A.G. 2.0 compliant
- Scheme for Incentives to the Private Sector a total flop admits P.M.
- Online C.A.T. 2009 “environment friendly” but not disabled friendly
- Supreme Court judgement out on Right to Motherhood of mentally retarded
- Banks sit on 10,000 crores meant for disability
- High Court directs Centre to reconsider discriminatory insurance rules
- Second Conference of States Parties to U.N.C.R.P.D. held in New York
- Asia’s first centre for higher education for disabled people started in U.P.
- Supreme Court asks government to fill up job vacancies for disabled persons
- Cochlear launches implantable hearing solutions in India
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: