Volume 8 Issue 7 - April 01, 2011
Public awareness about Down’s Syndrome essential: Dr ChopadeD.N.I.S. News Network, India: Down’s Syndrome Care Association (D.S.C.A.) celebrated ‘World Down’s Syndrome Week’ at Nashik from March 15-21. Around 1500 people participated in the event and D.S.C.A. hosted awareness campaigns and organised various programmes for families and children with Down’s Syndrome (D.S.).
On March 21, D.S.C.A. celebrated ‘World Down’s Syndrome Day’ by organising an awareness rally for D.S. families. A counselling and health check-up camp was also organised where 30 children with D.S. and their families were counselled.
Founder President of D.S.C.A. and Director of Genetic Health & Research Centre, Dr Dnyandeo Chopade said that wide public awareness is essential about Down’s Syndrome.
“It is necessary to provide necessary support to persons with Down’s Syndrome. D.S.C.A. is aiming to start a national Down’s Syndrome Centre at Nashik, where under one roof all the facilities necessary for the upbringing, health, development, special education, rehabilitation, prevention, research and advocacy will be made available for D.S. individuals and their families,” Dr Chopade added.
The website of the organisation www.dscaindia.org was also launched.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “Lack of political will on the part of decision makers is a hurdle towards mainstreaming disability”
- “Our focus is on enhancing the equitable inclusion of people with disabilities as employees, customers and stakeholders,” Suzanne Colbert
- D.M. Naidu passes away: A huge loss for the Indian disability sector
- Beleaguered Committee drafting new disability law set to miss deadline yet again!
- Health Ministry and M.S.J.E. to finally sit together to discuss Legal Capacity
- Indian Sign Language Research Institute: M.S.J.E. endorses I.G.N.O.U.’s hijacking!
- Once again a disabled student has been put to test. Well, literally.
- Sports Ministry derecognises P.C.I.
- Identify less strenuous jobs for disabled jawans: Delhi High Court
- Finance Minister ends medical misery, rolls back tax
- A.M.U.’s Centre for Distance Education to also focus on people with disabilities
- Public awareness about Down’s Syndrome essential: Dr Chopade
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: