Volume 3 Issue 8 - April 15, 2005
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarships announced
DNIS News Network - Under the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2005, meritorious disabled students can apply for scholarships for professional/postgraduate courses.
The Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Students with Disabilities is once again inviting applications for this scholarships this year. Under the scheme, 20 scholarships will be given under the N.C.P.E.D.P.-Shell Scholarships for students pursuing professional courses in Management and Engineering. Students applying for other professional/postgraduate courses in architecture, mass communication, law, etc, are also invited to send in applications for the other scholarships instituted under the Scheme.
Candidates with visual impairment, hearing disability, locomotor disability, cerebral palsy, leprosy, Thalassemia, Haemophilia and learning disabilities are eligible to apply for the scholarships. The scholars will be given a monthly stipend of Rs 1,200 per month.
The scholarships were instituted in 1998 to support meritorious disabled students with limited means of pursuing professional/postgraduate courses. Go to www.ncpedp.org for details and to download the application forms.
Completed application forms should be sent by 30 May, 2005, to: N.C.P.E.D.P., A - 77 South Extension Part II, New Delhi.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- Government of India starts fresh recruitments for Chairperson of National Trust
- India makes it to Regional Council of D.P.I-Asia Pacific
- National Legal Literacy Mission launched
- Delhi takes strong steps to implement Persons with Disabilities Act
- Protest march demands inclusion of mentally disabled children
- Rajiv Gandhi Scholarships announced
- New economic reforms passed for disabled people
- N.C.P.E.D.P. petitions for unlimited attempts for disabled candidates
- N.H.R.C. to ensure upkeep of mentally ill undertrials
- No progress made in physically disabled I.I.T. scientist case
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: