Volume 3 Issue 9 - May 01, 2005
International conference on Disability Rehabilitation
DNIS News Network - The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Rehabilitation Council of India held an international conference in the Capital to discuss human resource development in disability rehabilitation issues in South Asian countries.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) organised a two-day international conference on 25 and 26 April, in New Delhi, on Human Resource Development in the area of Disability Rehabilitation. The conference was held in view of the huge requirement for trained manpower to cater to needs of persons with disabilities in the countries of the South Asian region. The countries which participated include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and India. Meira Kumar, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, inaugurated the conference.
Though the participants were from different cultural backgrounds, they all had similar economic and social problems. All these countries have a substantial population of people with disabilities and they face similar problems on this count as well. The conference focussed on issues dealing with human resource development in the area of disability and other relevant issues. It provided the participants an opportunity for exchanging experiences, technologies, and to identify areas of bilateral and multilateral linkages.
Other dignitaries present were Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan, Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment (Government of India), Sarita Prasad, Secretary, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr. Sundeep Khanna, Additional Secretary, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, and Major H.P.S. Ahluwalia, Chairman, R.C.I.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Abidi to fast unto death unless GAIL reinstates its disabled employees
- Campaign for reservation in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council
- Legal cell for persons with disabilities launched in Orissa
- N.H.R.C. provides relief to mentally ill undertrials
- Blind cricketers from India and Pakistan meet in five-match series
- International conference on Disability Rehabilitation
- ASTHA workshop discusses disability issues
- Disabled children honoured at annual National Bal Shree Awards
- No subways for disabled people in New Delhi
- Indians most vulnerable to AIDS
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: