Volume 4 Issue 9 - May 01, 2006
Experiences of the Disability Movement shared in the Arab world
DNIS News Network - Executive Director of National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People Javed Abidi recently visited the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, on the invitation of Prince Salman Centre for Disability Research, Riyadh.
his address to the participants, Abidi called for a change in the perception
of Disability and the need for people to recognise people with disability
as respected people. He further mentioned that over the last few years the
perception is changing, though slowly. An awakening about the disabled peoples’
rights and privileges is taking place in
M. H. Maniyar made an impassioned appeal to the
Consul General to restart the Special Care Centre which was started in 1999
As a first step, the Consul General assured that arrangements would be made for an ambu-lift for a disabled child studying at I.I.S.J. at the earliest. The child was facing problems attending lectures on the first floor of the school.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Rajasthan Government provides 3 % reservation for disabled people in R.J.S.
- Bihar Government to appoint State Commissioner for Disability
- N.C.E.R.T.’s Action Plan for ‘School for All’
- South D.L.U. files petition against Culture and Religious Endowments Department, T.N.
- Chennai High Court gives nod to Low Floor Buses
- ‘We don't have the money to provide you with all your rights': Chief Electoral Officer of Tamil Nadu
- National Capital Region gets round-the-clock disability helpline
- Hemophiliacs demand adequate funds and medical facility
- Experiences of the Disability Movement shared in the Arab world
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy offers hope to cerebral palsy affected people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: