Volume 8 Issue 9 - December 01, 2011
N.H.F.D.C. announces 1,500 scholarships for persons with disabilities
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (N.H.F.D.C.) will give out 1,500 scholarships for persons with disabilities. This was announced by Chairman and Managing Director, Harsh Bhal, on November 19, 2011.
The scheme will be implemented from the current academic year and includes total fee reimbursement, books, stationery allowance and maintenance allowance. It will also be applicable to distance education universities and for students pursuing Ph.D. or M.Phil. Under the scheme, students with visual or hearing disability will be provided aids.
The scholarships are being offered as part of the schemes by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (M.S.J.E.) under the Trust Fund and the National Fund. Under the Trust Fund, the scholarships will be given on a quarterly basis. Students of professional graduate courses will get Rs. 2,500 for 10 months, while professional post graduate students will get Rs. 3,000. Similarly, the former will get Rs. 6,000 as books/stationery allowance, and the latter will get Rs. 10,000.
Under the National Fund scheme, there is a scholarship of Rs. 1,000 a month for hostellers and Rs. 700 a month for day scholars pursuing professional courses during graduation, and a scholarship of Rs 700 a month for hostellers and Rs 400 a month for day scholars pursuing diploma/certificate level professional courses.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Disability sector submits Stakeholder’s Report for India’s U.P.R.
- U.N.C.R.P.D. Committee gets an added week to meet every year
- International forum on ratification and implementation of C.R.P.D. in Asia and the Pacific held in Korea
- Five years gone, no review on National Policy for Persons with Disabilities yet
- Visually impaired candidates discriminated by U.P.S.C., meet P.M.
- Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee on I.S.L.R.T.C. holds its first meeting
- Delhi High Court directs Centre to appoint Sign Language interpreters in offices
- Sanchi: First heritage site in India to be accessible to people with visual impairment
- P.I.L. filed to integrate children with mental disabilities in mainstream education
- N.H.F.D.C. announces 1,500 scholarships for persons with disabilities
- Joint effort by Wadhwani Foundation and TeamLease – I.I.J.T. to empower persons with disabilities
- T.R.R.A.I.N. to make persons with disabilities part of the retail boom
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: