Volume 9 Issue 9 - July 15, 2012
Winners of 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P. - MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 announced
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The winners of the 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P. - MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 have been announced. This year, a total of 5 individuals and 5 organisations have been given these awards for their work in promoting Universal Design and access in areas ranging from physical infrastructure to technology to services.
The awardees were selected by a jury chaired by Som Mittal, President, N.A.S.S.C.O.M.
Aarti Dhar, Special Correspondent, The Hindu; Elango R., Chief Human Resources Officer, MphasiS; Dr. Govind, Senior Director and Head (E-Infrastructure & Internet Governance Division), Department of Information Technology; Papiya Sarkar, Chief Architect, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation; and Vinnie Mehta, Executive Director, Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (A.C.M.A.) were members of the jury.
Dipendra Manocha of D.A.I.S.Y. Consortium was awarded in the category for persons with disabilities for his work in making publications accessible to print impaired people. Abhishek Syal, Professor Prabhat Ranjan, R.R. Joshi and Professor Rachna Khare were awarded in the category for working professionals.
Syal has worked on developing assistive technology for people with visual impairment to self-learn from maps and diagrams and also audio based modules that can be listened to on mobile phones. Professor Ranjan has developed a hand gesture controlled remote; Joshi has developed a translation software for 11 Indian languages to Braille and Khare has worked extensively to promote Universal Design, especially from the point of view of autism.
Indian Institute of Management (I.I.M.), Bangalore, Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., National Institute of Open Schooling, Sri Vishnu Educational Society and Travel Another India were selected as this year’s organisational awardees.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Winners of 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P. - MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 announced
- I.I.T. alleges certifying hospital not competent, Delhi High Court asks for proof
- Person with disability tops Maharashtra Public Service exam
- Presidential candidate makes derogatory remarks on disability
- Disability pension not for injuries off-duty, says Supreme Court
- Still no special educators in Delhi municipal schools
- U.N. comes out with report to strengthen treaty body system
- D.U. and J.N.U. get M.S.J.E. funds to make their campus disabled-friendly
- London Games to be the ‘most disabled-friendly’, claims U.K.
- Delhi courts to fast track pending cases involving disabled and elderly people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: