Volume 9 Issue 9 - July 15, 2012
Disability pension not for injuries off-duty, says Supreme CourtD.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Supreme Court of India has ruled that a person serving in the army is not entitled to a disability pension if the disability is acquired off-duty. “A person claiming disability pension must be able to show a reasonable nexus between the act, omission or commission, resulting in an injury to the person, and the normal expected standard of duties and way of life expected from such person,” the Court said.
The apex court passed the order, upholding an appeal filed by the Centre challenging a judgment of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, directing the Government to pay disability pension to a person who suffered eyesight impairment due to an accident sustained in his hometown while on leave.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Winners of 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P. - MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 announced
- I.I.T. alleges certifying hospital not competent, Delhi High Court asks for proof
- Person with disability tops Maharashtra Public Service exam
- Presidential candidate makes derogatory remarks on disability
- Disability pension not for injuries off-duty, says Supreme Court
- Still no special educators in Delhi municipal schools
- U.N. comes out with report to strengthen treaty body system
- D.U. and J.N.U. get M.S.J.E. funds to make their campus disabled-friendly
- London Games to be the ‘most disabled-friendly’, claims U.K.
- Delhi courts to fast track pending cases involving disabled and elderly people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: