Volume 9 Issue 9 - July 15, 2012
Delhi courts to fast track pending cases involving disabled and elderly peopleD.N.I.S. News Network, India: Delhi High Court has issued an order to all trial court judges to have a ‘special focus’ on cases involving people with disabilities, senior citizens, minors and other marginalised groups and dispose of these cases at the earliest. This comes as a part of the campaign, 'Five-plus free', that aims to dispose of cases pending for more than five years by the end of this year.
The High Court has provided for a mechanism for the trial courts to segregate cases of the target groups from that of other old cases. A separate database for the disposal of these cases will have to be maintained. The High Court has asked the trial courts to file their progress report by January 20 next year.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Winners of 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P. - MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 announced
- I.I.T. alleges certifying hospital not competent, Delhi High Court asks for proof
- Person with disability tops Maharashtra Public Service exam
- Presidential candidate makes derogatory remarks on disability
- Disability pension not for injuries off-duty, says Supreme Court
- Still no special educators in Delhi municipal schools
- U.N. comes out with report to strengthen treaty body system
- D.U. and J.N.U. get M.S.J.E. funds to make their campus disabled-friendly
- London Games to be the ‘most disabled-friendly’, claims U.K.
- Delhi courts to fast track pending cases involving disabled and elderly people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: