To help you write for DNIS we have put together some guidelines to follow. We understand that every writer has a style unique to him/her. These guidelines will help you ensure that you are meeting some specific requirements of DNIS.
- Your story idea first needs to be approved by the editorial team at DNIS.
- Once you are given the go-ahead, please make sure that you adhere to our parameters and stylesheet.
- Headline: Not more than 12 words
- A 'leader' to the story (not exceeding 60 words) that gives a brief introduction to the story. This is carried with the headline on the home page. View the home page of any issue to familiarise yourself with the leader style.
- You can also send us pictures relevant to the article. These should be in digital format. Please make sure that the pictures are in jpeg format, scanned at 72 dpi resolution, high quality, and 320 x 240 pixels in size (for horizontal pictures) or 240 x 320 pixels in size (for vertical pictures).
- The story should not be more than 1500 words. We reserve the right to edit your story.
- Uniformity of tenses (present tense is preferred in case of feature)
- All spellings are to be in British English. For example, 'organisation' instead of 'organization'; 'programme' instead of 'program'.
- Numbers from one to nine to be spelt out: One, two, three etc., then 10, 11, 12 and so on are to be written in numerals.
- No definite article to precede names or proper nouns. For example, 'Delhi University' and not 'The Delhi University'.
- Authors would be credited for their stories.
- Please take prior permission before publishing the article elsewhere.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: