DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 9May 01, 2005
- Networking for strength
D.P.I.-Asia Pacific regional workshop and assembly in Bangkok deliberated on several important disability issues in the region. Dr. Anita Ghai and Ram Goel provide a first-hand report.
- "A parent alone can understand the problems of a child with mental disability": J.P. Gadkari
J.P. Gadkari, President of Parivaar, shares his views about the appointment of a Chairperson for the National Trust.
- Abidi to fast unto death unless GAIL reinstates its disabled employees
The insensitive and reckless dismissal of four disabled employees from GAIL in January 2004 has left Javed Abidi no option but to fast unto death, unless their jobs are restored.
- Campaign for reservation in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council
Disabled activists in Andhra Pradesh are campaigning for 3% reservation for disabled persons in the State Legislative Council.
- Legal cell for persons with disabilities launched in Orissa
Swabhiman, in collaboration with N.C.P.E.D.P., launched a legal cell in Orissa for disabled people.
- N.H.R.C. provides relief to mentally ill undertrials
N.H.R.C.’s guidelines (for welfare of mental health of prison undertrials and convicts) were triggered by a mentally ill undertrial who languished in prison for 19 years, without being convicted of the murder charges against him
- Blind cricketers from India and Pakistan meet in five-match series
The A.C.B.I. organised a five-day cricket match series for visually impaired cricketers from India and Pakistan.
- International conference on Disability Rehabilitation
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Rehabilitation Council of India held an international conference in the Capital to discuss human resource development in disability rehabilitation issues in South Asian countries.
- ASTHA workshop discusses disability issues
ASTHA organised a two-day workshop from 2 to 3 April, 2005, on the ‘Implementation of the Persons with Disability, Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation Act’.
- Disabled children honoured at annual National Bal Shree Awards
This year’s Bal Shree awards included four disabled children, from around the country, being honoured for their creativity in art, performance, writing and scientific innovation.
- No subways for disabled people in New Delhi
Lack of funds, sensitivity and awareness in planning and architecture, have barred disabled people and the elderly population of the city from using subways, pushing them out on the roads to fend for themselves.
- Indians most vulnerable to AIDS
Recent studies have revealed that the Indian genetic make up is most susceptible to acquiring AIDS. This accounts for the vast increase in the number of AIDS patients every year.